A program that has captivated the most demanding audiences and earned accolades in Europe. Four internationally acclaimed pianists, Janis Vakarelis, Cyprien Katsaris, George Lazaridis and Achilleas Wastor, breathe new life into familiar favorites from the classical repertoire allure us to explore different musical universes. The four distinguished pianists present a unique program, combining pieces written for more than one piano with The Forty Finger Experience transcribed for four pianos, inviting us to discover them anew. This program has been already performed in Paris, Moscow, Istanbul, Bayreuth, Athens, Switzerland with standing ovations from the audience's and rave reviews in the world press.
PARIS-DIAPASON: “Thanks to their colorful and enthusiastic interpretation, the four pianists performed a small miracle - to make us forget all about the orchestra in a work that is orchestral par excellence,” notes French music magazine Diapason for their Paris concert.
BAYREUTH, BAYERISCHER KURRIER In the same spirit, the review from Bayreuth of Germany about Wagners’ Tannhäuser: …the 4 pianos recital was a grandiose highlight of the 10th Bayreuth Piano Festival . With breathtaking suspense and featherlike lightness, we did not miss the orchestra in any of the works ." As for the transcriptions of Bizet’s Carmen and Theodorakis’ Zorbas by Achilleas Wastor, they have enchanted audiences from Paris to Istanbul and from Lugano to Athens.
• Richard Wagner - Tannhäuser: Overture (transcription for four pianos: Carl Burchard)
• Antonín Dvořák - Slavonic Dance No. 2 in E Minor, Op. 72, for four hands (George Lazaridis - Janis Vakarelis)
• Αntonio Vivaldi - La Primavera (Spring), Concerto No. 1 in E Major, Op. 8, RV 269 from The Four Seasons (transcription for four pianos: Nicolas Economou)
• Georges Bizet - Carmen Fantasy (transcription for four pianos: Achilleas Wastor)
• Franz Liszt - Rákóczy March in A Minor, S.244/15, for four pianos
• Sergei Rachmaninoff - Tarantella from Suite No.2, Op.17 for two pianos (Cyprien Katsaris - Achilleas Wastor)
• Maurice Ravel - Boléro (transcription for four pianos: Jacques Drillon)
• Mikis Theodorakis - Alexis Zorbas: Ballet Suite (1989) (transcription for four pianos: Achilleas Wastor)
4 Pianos, 4 Pianists
The 40 Finger Experience